After a long search for the right location for Odyssey Heights School for Girls we have found a beautiful space with cathedral style floor to ceiling windows in the west wing of Fairlawn Avenue United Church.
While the main part of the building dates back to the 1920s, the west wing was added in 1996 to accommodate community organization needs including the Fairlawn Neighbourhood Centre (now closed). The beautiful West Wing of Fairlawn Avenue United church features:
- our main double school room withÂ floor to ceiling cathedral style windows,
- A seminar and coffee shop and art cafe style room for grades 7-10
- a gymnasium,
- a commercial kitchen for our caterer and cooking lessons,
- grassy area with a future organic vegetable garden, seating, and a sundial
- many more spaces to use as our enrolment grows - without needing a second Toronto campus for Senior School (grades 10-12) or the future Primary School grades 1 and 2 program.
- a wonderful community of supportive, peace minded people of all ages
With Tandem Studios located just a 1 minute walk away at Yonge and Fairlawn, we have a choice of studio sizes - all with professional quality dance floors. This means that as Odyssey Heights School for Girls grows we can offer a much greater choice of morning dance and dance fitness classes every morning for our students.
Located just a 5 minute walk from the northern exit of Lawrence subway station, and a 7-10 minute walk from Yonge and Lawrence our location is convenient and accessible. The Yonge and Lawrence intersection has: the Locke Branch Public Library for our students to do research at, the new Independent City Market for our students to grocery shop for overnight trips (and to practice their math skills), the newly renovated playground and public fitness space at Lawrence Park, as well as the main entrance of Lawrence subway station. Within a further 3 minute walk is the beautiful Alexander Muir Memorial Gardens, Lawrence Park Lawn Bowling and Croquet Club, and the start of one of the major trail systems in Toronto.
28 Fairlawn Avenue, West Wing
Toronto, Ontario, M5M 1S7
3230 Yonge Street, Box 2024,
Toronto, Ontario, M4N 3P1